PDPA Act 2010
PDPA Act 2010
Personal Data Protection Act 2010 describes how your information is collected and used and your choices with respect to your Personal Data. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy whilst you use the website.
BookXcess Sdn Bhd may disclose to third party service providers within and outside of Malaysia certain aggregate information contained in your registration applications but BookXcess Sdn Bhd will not disclose to any individuals your name, address, email address or telephone number without your prior consent except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings.
Information collected by BookXcess Sdn Bhd
BookXcess Sdn Bhd does not sell, share or trade customers personal information collected online with third parties.
Our Web servers do not automatically recognise specific information about individual users on our site. In addition, our servers do not automatically record information regarding a user's e-mail address unless the user supplies it.
The user-supplied information collected through the registration process, surveys, contest entry forms or other similar vehicles is used to improve the content of our site, or used for our marketing purposes. It is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes unless specifically stated.
Although the precise details of the Personal Data collected will vary according to the specific purpose (such as contests, forums, surveys etc) whether via online or otherwise, we may typically collect the following Personal Data from or in relation to you:
Date of birth;
Identity card number or passport number
Purpose of Personal Data collected
Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our website and its other related channels will be processed for the following purposes:
- to enable you to make purchases at our website;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- for processing of payments and receipts;
- to enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- to improve our services;
- to respond to requests or complaints;
- to understand customers’ needs and offering products and services to meet those needs;
- for purposes of rewarding you through our customer loyalty programs
- for delivery of communication via SMSes, emails & social media
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent; and,
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for Personal Data should the information be Processed by a Vendor.
We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through this Website as part of our organisation's process of constantly improving this Website and/or business.
We may also use your contact information to send newsletters via email or short message services (SMS).
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers operated by our service providers or us.
We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit www.bookxcessonline.com, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within www.bookxcessonline.com you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Rights to Access, Update & Limit Your Personal Information
You have the right to request for access to your personal data processed by us on www.bookxcessonline.com website with reasonable notice.
This also includes request for correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
You are also entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.